Huskies Pep Band Camp 2014: We’re 8 hours from Chicago, we’ve got half a pasty, and we’re wearing stripes: HIT IT!
Here Ye, Hear Yee, Hair Yi,,
The 2014 Huskies Pep Band Camp (or, as the French refer to it: camp de bande de vent de grands chiens 2014) shall taketh place as follows:
Friday, August the 29th, REHEARSAL, McArdle Theatre, 4:30PM-8:30PM, EDT.
Saturday, August the 30th: MORE REHEARSAL,
11:00AM-1:00PM, EDT: MacInnes Ice Arena,
(wherein we will practice invading merely one of the areas which we regularly or whimsically invade during our year)
That is mostly it. Show up ready to honk and/or bonk! (by bonk we mean to operate a percussion instrument with the requisite motion necessary to generate a loud/stentorian sound, and we mean that alone!)
Other Items of Possible Necessity:
- Instrument/Locker signout: If you need an instrument (and in the HPB you mostly do…) and wish to use one of the school’s, you can sign one out! (You can also sign out a locker to store most instruments at $25US for the calendar year) The time that you should do this is: Friday August 29th, from 11-1PM in Rozsa 208.
- Bring your accessories: Mouthpieces, reeds, lyres, oil, sticks, mallets, shrubberies, alpacii, and of course, herring.
- Bring EARPLUGS: If you have them! We are a very LOUD band, for strategic pep reasons. We want you to BRING IT, (powerful sound) but we also don’t want you to LOSE IT (your hearing, as you’ll need that if you are ever selected for the Pulitzer Prize…don’t laugh, it happened on this very campus last year http://www.npr.org/blogs/deceptivecadence/2014/04/14/303030185/alaskan-composer-wins-pulitzer-for-become-ocean) We can sell you a high-quality set at any time for $6US as we have a sponsorship with a very fine maker of excellent earplugs.
- Food! There is a very helpful, industrious, benevolent music-support organization on campus called Mu Beta Psi. Their mission is to support music as non-majors. They will provide a dinner on Friday evening for all of us! Start thanking them now, and continue doing so all year.
- Hats: The Huskies Pep Band reveres and values stylish head-wear! (and by “stylish” we mean outrageous, ridiculous, and singular!) You are not required to wear said head-gear to the first meeting, but we’d like you to start imagining what might suit you. You are eventually required to sport an odd or physics-defying hat at all public events. Extra points are given if your hat features: electronics, self-defense mechanisms, or the ability to block out the sun.
- Safety: Safety is always number 6.
- Something else: it is usually considered awkward to end with number 6, as it makes Safety look a bit too important.
- Music: OH YES, we do play A LOT of music in the Huskies Pep Band, and we will start doing it, TOGETHER, on August 29! BE THERE!!
Director of Huskies Pep Band